Tuesday, May 4, 2010

BIRDS OUTSIDE MY WINDOW

If there is anything I love about living in the country, it has to be that I am able to see nature at its finest!

Over the past 2 weeks I have been photographing some of the birds that frequent our suet feeders. We bought the hangers that stick to the window as it keeps the squirrels from eating all the food. so the photos are taken through the window (which I know needs a good cleaning).

May 1 2010 001

May 1 2010 002

May 1 2010 007

This is a Red Bellied woodpecker. He is one of the larger birds that visits our feeder. And trying to get a photo of him isn’t too easy as he spooks when he catches any movement inside the house.

May 1 2010 004

May 1 2010 005

May 1 2010 003

This is a Downy woodpecker. He tends to be very observant and likes to watch us when we walk by the windows.

May 1 2010 006 This is a common Sparrow in the area. They are always around, but tend to fly away when the woodpeckers or Titmice show up.

I haven’t been able to get a photo of the Tufted Titmouse yet, but they are a pretty blue grey color & have a pretty chirp as well.

I have also spotted a PAIR of Northren Cardinals (yay!), a pair of American Goldfinches, as well as a bossy old  Blue Jay. I hope to get photos of all these birds as well yet!

I am hoping the weather continues to warm up, as we have a hummingbird feeder as well. What a treat it would be to  get some photos of them and maybe even a short video or two as well!

That is all for now! Have a great day all… Next post will be on Taughannock Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment